Honeycomb caramel cake one egg only, less sugar
It’s a very challenging traditional cake from Indonesia. Basically, the ingredients are easy to grab in everywhere. No need great utensils as well. But you should measure the ingredients carefully, otherwise the honeycomb will not appear. Even, it was my first attempt, I reduced the amount of sugar and eggs. I substituted eggs with lemon juice and baking soda.
- 220 ml caramelized sugar (100 gr sugar + water)
- 100 ml milk
- 50gr butter
- 1 whisked egg
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 75 gr flour
- 25 gr corn flour
- Mix all the dry ingredients
- Pour the caramelized sugar and egg.
- Stir it until well combined.
- Add the lemon juice to the mixture. Stir again.
- Now you can pour the milk. Stir it.
- Finally, add the butter. The final batter is not too thick. Pre heat the oven 180 Celsius. Pour the batter in to the tray and pop into the oven for about 40 minutes